Instruments are located in the Engineering Science Building (ESB), Engineering Research Building (ERB), White Hall (WH) and Chemistry Research Laboratory Building (CRL).
Materials characterization techniques include X-ray diffraction, chemical analyses such as X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and optical techniques.
- Bruker D8 Discovery X-ray Diffractometer (XRD) – ERB 211
- PANalytical X’Pert Pro X-ray Diffractometer (XRD) – ERB 211
- Physical Electronics PHI 5000 VersaProbe X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS/UPS) – ESB B62
- Renishaw InVia Raman Microscope – CRL 381
- Digilab FTS 7000/UMA 600 Fourier Transform Infra-Red (FTIR) Spectrometer – ERB 211
- J.A. Woollam M-2000U White Light Ellipsometer – ERB 211
- Nanoscope MultiMode Scanning Probe Microscope (AFM) – ESB B64
- Asylum MFP-3D Atomic Force Microscope (AFM) – WH B20B